Polytetrafluoroethylene is a fluoropolymer discovered by Roy J. Plunkett for E.I. du Pont de Nemours under the trade name Teflon ®. Since then, this material has been the material of choice for technical applications requiring one of the following performances:
- Chemical resistance
- Low friction
- Moisture resistance and non-aging
- Insensitive to UV rays
- Wide resistance temperature range -80°C to 250°C
PTFE or polytetrafluoroethylene is a high-performance fluoropolymer for many applications and it is possible to improve certain properties by adding other components to PTFE, the best-known PTFE compound are:
- Glass-fiber compound PTFE has excellent resistance to chemical attack and wear.
- Graphite compound PTFE has a very low friction coefficient. It is also resistant to compression and wear. It is often used under high speed conditions and in contact with medium-hard surfaces.
- Carbon compound PTFE is mainly used with its good thermal conductivity and resistance to deformation. PTFE elastic bands for compressors, for example, operate without lubrication.
- Bronze compound PTFE offers excellent compressive strength with high thermal conductivity. It is also very resistant to wear and tear.
There are many other undeveloped charges below. Do not hesitate to contact us to find out more or to tell us about your problem.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Our other materials
Need help finding your plastic?
Do not hesitate to use our search engine and our interactive pyramid.
A question, a quote?
Do not hesitate to contact us at +33 (0) 1 48 45 49 79 or via this form: